Dromoland Castle, where luxury and nature combine.
The ancestral home of the O’Brien’s of Dromoland, whose lineage dates back 1,000 years to Brian Boru, one of the last High Kings of Ireland, we have got nobility and hospitality in our DNA.
From the imposing baronial façade to our startling interiors, you will find a world of historic grandeur underpinned by the finest modern comforts. With lavish decor, indulgent dining, fabulous views, and magnificent bedrooms, this is a place to feel at home.
Behind our warm Irish welcome is the belief that every guest is royalty. Stroll the 450-acre estate. Tee off on our world class golf course. Take afternoon tea by a roaring fire. Relax in our intimate spa. Enjoy delicious cuisine. No matter what your preference, at Dromoland Castle there is no escaping the sense that you are walking in the shadows of kings.
The pinnacle of excellence, come in the knowledge that all your expectations will be met. A remarkable retreat with an easy elegance, it is time to make Dromoland Castle a part of your story.
The castle’s 450-acre estate is a veritable outdoor playground and there are plenty of activities to enjoy this summer with options to suit all ages. Why not try stand up paddle boarding on the scenic Dromoland Lough, trying your hand at fishing and archery or getting up close to majestic birds with a falconry experience?
There’s also golf and biking too, of course, but to really experience the best of the estate’s incredible array of nature (not to mention its inhabitants - over 500 of them!) head off on one of the new wildlife and deer trails that weave around the Castle’s magical esta
Surrounded by County Clare’s rolling hills, your stay can be as chilled out or high energy as your wish.
Make like a royal and schedule some archery, clay shooting or falconry. Our resident hawks, falcons and owls will take your breath away. Plenty of local wildlife call our estate home too, so you may just end up sharing your walk with some deer, pheasants, squirrels, or ducks! Discover our new dawn to dusk nature trails, weaving around our magical estate and allowing guests to experience first-hand the wonderful wildlife that roam our lands.
This is what makes Dromoland Castle so special - we create moments of happiness in harmony with nature. Why not try paddle boarding on Dromoland Lough, taking in the fabulous views of the Castle? With falconry, fishing, archery, biking and golf on offer, there is something extra special for all ages.
Dromoland Castle’s 18-hole championship golf course is famous for good reason. The par 72 course, redesigned by Ron Kirby and the late JB Carr, wraps around the historic estate and is both thoughtful and challenging. We are rather proud of our state-of-the-art practice facility too, which has 10 fully automated driving bays, complete with Golf-Tech’s fully automated Power Tees.
The ultimate indulgence for the weary traveller, our tranquil sanctuary at the Spa at Dromoland offers intimate and serene escapism within 16th century castle walls. Away from the stresses of modern life, our team of skilled therapists invite you to surrender to the pleasures of our soothing and luxurious treatments.
Our wide-open countryside, spacious interiors and meticulous hospitality promise to give you perfect peace of mind while you enjoy the warmth and excellence you have come to expect from the Castle
Dromoland’s Green Programme:
Management and staff at Dromoland Castle Hotel are committed to protecting and enhancing the environment for future generations. At Dromoland, we are continuously striving to improve our sustainable approach. Green thinking is becoming a part of our company’s culture. We are engaging our employees in a new vision and creating efficiency goals. We partner with Green Hospitality and 50 Shades Greener to ensure continued commitment to sustainable practices.
Dromoland Castle has introduced many green initiatives concerning energy-efficient lighting, recycling, linen re-use programmes and some larger projects such as planting 500 native trees each year on the estate to offset its carbon emissions. We recognise that our business has an important role to play in protecting and enhancing the environment for future generations. We work closely with local authorities and the community of Newmarket-On-Fergus. Dromoland’s team is involved with the wheels on meals project and tidy towns initiatives.
To date, there are many actions that we have taken as we embark on our “Sustainable Journey”. The following are actions we have already taken, and we continue to work to minimise our carbon footprint. In May 2021, a “Sustainability Officer” was appointed and departmental training across the hotel has been introduced to educate all team members on recycling, energy, and water conservation.
• We have joined All-Ireland Pollinator Plan and to support it, we have planted wildflowers around the estate.
• We are part of the “Leave No Trace Campaign” and promote this project across our estate.
• We are making every possible effort to Reduce, Reuse & Recycle wherever practical.
• We have eliminated all small sauce packaging in all our F&B outlets and staff canteen.
• We recycle the Nespresso Coffee capsules - giving both the aluminium and used coffee a second life.
• We collect Coffee grinds throughout our F&B Outlets and use them as compost in our gardens.
• We are currently looking at all products in our guest bedrooms and sourcing more sustainable products.
• We have installed an electric vehicle charging point and looking at expanding this project.
• -As much as possible, our Executive Chef David McCann, sources our food items of Irish Provenance and the extensive list of local suppliers can be found on our website. www.Dromoland.ie.
• By sourcing local, we minimise the distance food travels from farm to fork.
• Most of the garnish for our cocktails and drinks comes from our own Walled Garden.
• 1.8ha of previously maintained turf has been converted into natural rough to support biodiversity and ecological development.
• We have invested in a fleet of electric golf buggies.
• At Dromoland, we believe education is key, therefore increase our training in all aspects of Waste, Water & Energy.
• On the Golf Course, we plan on getting GEO certification which is a modern certification developed specifically for three key areas of the industry which include Golf Facility Operations, Golf Development & Golf Tournaments.
• We have introduced reusable water flasks for all staff in the Hotel.
• We are developing a Biodiversity plan for the estate and hope to install water refill stations.
• We use benchmarking records for essential year-on-year analysis and goal setting.
Ealing responsibly with our nature is a matter of course and the most important principle for us. This is what makes Dromoland Castle so special - we create moments of happiness in harmony with nature: woodland trails and walks, beautiful vegetable and walled gardens, tree planting program, consistent regionally sourced ingredients for our cuisine, the unique natural concept in the SPA or our numerous activities for everyone who is as enthusiastic about being outdoors as we are.